Monday, December 16, 2013

Crocheting

This semester I decided to teach/reteach my self how to crochet.
I've always loved textile things-- my mom taught me how to use a sewing machine, I took a class on shibori-ing at MICA, and for reason I just really like to knit & crochet. I have grandma swag.

I wanted to specifically share this with ya'll (I know this is a weird departure from the usual artsy, motion design stuff I post) because I just finished this hat that is possibly the best thing I have crocheted yet.



More importantly then the hat though, is the person I made it for. My Aunt Mary Ellen, recently got diagnosed with brain cancer and lost her hair among many other side effects of chemo. It was awesome being able to make her a hat especially because I just learned how, and its like a hug from me to her head. I hope people this holiday season spreads more love and hugs around because everyone could use more of those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment