Friday, March 7, 2014

Color Idiom: Blue Collar



Check out my color idiom poster for design class! I was given "Blue Collar" and had to create a design including the phrase and a possible tag line. I chose to include "I'm a Manual Laborer" to be punny. 

The bottom two are my finals. I submitted the first poster because I think it fit the brief for class better, however I personally favor the second poster... even if it does read as more of a "cop" then "manual laborer." (I like the shades as a framing device :) ) 

The color palette is from the Rosie the riveter poster: 
I thought she provided good inspiration for a factory worker. It is kind of funny / ironic that the theme of my poster is a "manly man" when my inspiration is from a poster empowering women haha. 



No comments:

Post a Comment