Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Going for a Stroll

Check out my first properly-rigged 2D character. I've rigged a 3D character and ghetto-rigged a 2D character before... but I would love to step up my game with 2D characters! 
(haven't done much in the way of 3D characters in over a year... and I'm ok with that)

So here is an animation test/proof of concept for a possible thesis idea I have/had... I don't know if I'll end up going with it but I was very happy to go through the motions and practice rigging and animating again. I think I would play with the way I rigged the arms/hands and/or play with the way I go about designing characters in the future. 

I made 2 .gifs + rendered a video -- I felt that their walking speed came out differently once I tried to turn the video into .gifs... so the video has both walks 
(skip ahead to half way through the vid to see the chill stroll). 
I like the way the feet look in the .gifs, but it makes their arms super spazzy, but in comparison it seems like they move in slo-mo for the video, which works better with their arms. 


Brisk stroll 

Chill Stroll 





No comments:

Post a Comment