Saturday, October 11, 2014

Handmade Alpha Mattes

My thesis is very illustrative with a focus on hard work and being handmade. 

Here are some behind the scene shots of my handmade alpha channels! By recording the motion of black paint and ink on a white background, I then translate that information to opacity-- so black will be see through and white will not. I'll be using the paint / ink motions as scene and color transitions in my piece :)

In the container & on screen:
Dropped ink in a tall, clear container of water (seen here), soapy water and milk.
 

Working behind & in front of the camera: 
Clamped bristol paper to outside of fish tank and dripped ink, watercolor and acrylic paint.
 

The paint & the painting:
Taped velum paper to inside of fish tank and painted with acrylic paint.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment